Sadly, there are still some business owners out there that don’t understand the importance of digital marketing. They believe that embracing digital marketing will not positively affect their business.
However, the fact is that this is wrong. When executed properly, digital marketing will greatly enhance your business.
But if one fact wasn’t enough to convince you, we’ve compiled 42 digital marketing facts that you won’t believe (and ill make you see digital marketing differently). Divided into 4 sections, we start with:
Social media is a huge part of digital marketing. Some experts suggest that it’s the section that makes up the biggest part of digital marketing. And, with 16 out of a potential 4 facts, it also makes up the biggest section of this list.Social media users aged between 55-64 are around twice as likely to interact with a piece of branded content compared with younger people.
- Social media users aged between 55-64 are around twice as likely to interact with a piece of branded content compared with younger people.
- On an average day, around 8 billion video views are generated on Facebook from around 500 users. This equates to around 100 million spent watching videos on Facebook per day worldwide.
- Over 80% of Instagram profiles follow at least one business account.
- 53% of Twitter users expect a response from a business account within an hour of the first contact.
- An average user spends 170 minutes on Twitter per month.
- 64% of Instagram users are women, 36% men. 73% of users are between 15 and 35 years old.
- 85% of Facebook videos (including ads) are played without sound.
- LinkedIn leads the way when it comes to delivering content and securing audience engagement.
- On average, each person with internet access has around 7.6 social media accounts.
- Influencer marketing is a $1b industry on Instagram.
SEO & Website Facts.
Grouped in this section is a combination of both SEO and Website facts, as the two often go hand-in-hand. These are two sections of digital marketing that, if you don’t currently take seriously, you will after these facts.90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search.
- Only 7% of searchers will ever see the third page of search results.
- Two seconds is all companies get when it comes to website load time. Anything longer increases bounce rates by 50%.
- 27% of users will skip a video if it plays an ad before the promised content.
- 50% of search queries are four or more words long.
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
Many business owners fail to optimise their websites and ads for mobile use, as they believe it’s not as important as other areas. However, this short selection of 5 facts should make you think otherwise.
- Mobile promotions perform 4-5 times better than online ads in key analytics such as product favourability, attention, and purchase motive.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
- 57% of all mobile users will not recommend a business if their mobile website is poorly designed or unresponsive.
- 83% of people (and likely more than that) are searching for a seamless website experience whether checking on a tablet, phone, or desktop.
- Over 90% of adults keep their mobile phones with them as much as they can.
Lastly, we come to the facts that don’t fit into the previous 3 categories. These digital marketing facts are just as important as the previous but worked better grouped into a general category rather than a specific one.
- 90% of business organizations declare that they use social media to take action to customer complaints or inquiries – however, 58% of consumers tweeted that they had never received an answer from the offending organization.
- 50% of Americans believe that social customer service is easier to resolve their problems than more conventional methods.
- Emails sent between 6 pm – 11 pm see a higher success rate.
- Personalised emails are more likely to be opened by up to 26%.
- Blogs are becoming longer and more visual. Word count is currently around 1050 words.
- B2B sales are expected to eclipse B2C e-commerce sales by 2020.
- The average clickthrough rate of display ads is 0.06%.