Introduction to Digital Marketing
What is digital marketing? It’s the promotion of products and/or services over the internet or any form of an electronic device. Digital marketing easily encompasses all marketing efforts that take place on the web. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers. The term “digital marketing” was first used in the 1990s as the digital age took off due to widespread use of the internet. Continue reading to learn the benefits, how to implement, tips and struggles business owners face with digital marketing.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
We live in a fast-paced world and despite being physically disconnected over this past year, things are still rapidly moving and evolving because of this digital age. On average there are over 170 million people using social media on a regular basis. To get in front of your target consumers you need to be where they are. And more importantly, you need to be there as they are searching for products, services, and recommendations. Consumers make their buying decisions through search engines like Google and Yahoo and social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc. As a result, it’s imperative to have your business on appropriate platforms and engaging with target audiences daily. It is predicted that traditional marketing platforms will disappear, and the digital market will be the norm. Therefore, it’s important to have a corner established in the digital market, adapting to this change rather than being left behind in this quickly changing marketing world.
How to Implement
First off, you’ll need to understand your audience. Identifying your target audience is crucial to a successful digital marketing strategy. When you know your demographic, it’s easier to find the websites, social media platforms, and devices they are most reachable on to better target your marketing accordingly.
Next, you’ll need to identify your goals and plan out how to achieve them along with developing a clear content strategy. Strong strategies are multi-layered with distinct benchmarks for each step and should be revised along the way. It’s important to have original content to keep existing customers interested and to attract new customers to your website and social media platforms. An ideal content strategy will intertwine variety and reliability to keep consumers intrigued.
Tips for a Successful Strategy
We at Brand Iron have marketing tools we live and swear by, that I’d like to share with you.. Implementing paid social promotions and/or campaigns or allow branding professionals to relieve your worries and do it for you. Implement the 80/20 rule by engaging with other brands, customers, and content 80% of the time. While using the rest of the time, 20%, to promote your business and your own content. Create clear “Calls to Actions” by not being too wordy and know where to place them for the highest engagement. CTA’s need to be actionable verbs and phrases and should never use more than one on the same page. Download the rest of our marketing strategies, here.
What to do if You’re Struggling?
Struggles with digital marketing vary based on industries, market space and specific product and/or service demand. But, a few challenges across the board we see are generating qualified leads, managing cash flow, and creating engaging content. Generating qualified leads can be difficult because of the competitive market you’re tapping into. In 2021, paid ads such as Facebook ads and Google ads are likely to rise in cost. It’s important to be savvy in marketing by leveraging less costly lead generation strategies like networking on LinkedIn, utilizing video marketing, and developing interactive channels such as virtual conferences or webinars. A good way to manage cash flow would be moving part or all of your business online. This will save money on renting office or retail space expenses. In addition, creating engaging content has been a struggle for many businesses. We can help relieve that stress by providing the content and content management your company desperately needs.
In conclusion, digital marketing is not just recommended it’s critical in operating a successful business. By incorporating these digital marketing suggestions you will see a significant increase in business growth. Ditch your fears and embrace the change… this digital world isn’t leaving us anytime soon. If you find yourself still struggling with digital marketing please reach out to our team here at Brand Iron. We will gladly help bring your marketing goals to fruition. Review our and let us know how we can be of assistance.
The post Digital Marketing Explained appeared first on Brand Iron.