Digital marketing is crucial for businesses of all sizes in current times. The global digital advertising market is expected to reach $602.25 billion this year.
While there are many reasons for the growth of digital marketing, the most prominent ones are the increasing use of the internet and smartphones.
If you are a business or a marketer looking for the latest insights into the digital marketing landscape, this is for you. We’ll discuss facts and figures of Email marketing, PPC, SEO, E-commerce, influencer marketing, and many others.
Let’s get into it real quick. Shall we?
Importance of Digital Marketing Statistics
Digital Marketing Statistics 2023 (Top Picks)
Source: Statista, WordStream, PR Newswire.
General Digital Marketing Statistics
Sources: TechJury, Statista, Wikipedia, Gartner, Bureau of Labor, WordStream, Hubspot.
Email Marketing Statistics
Email Marketing is a crucial element in Digital Marketing. Every $1 spent on Email Marketing has an ROI of $36. That is 3600% returns.
Crazy right? When you form your email marketing strategy, keep the below statistics in mind.
Content Marketing Statistics
42. Organic search and referral traffic is the largest and most effective source of marketing ROI for brands. In every industry — we are ranging from technology to manufacturing and non-profits to pharma.
43. And it’s all generated by content marketing. So here are some insightful facts about content marketing that will help you curate your digital marketing strategy in 2023.
44. 80% of those who considered themselves successful in content marketing have documented their content marketing strategies.
45. Nearly 80% of successful content marketers spend more than 10% of their marketing budgets on content. Just 52% of those who are unsuccessful spend more than 10%.
46. Most marketers said that “researching the audience” was the #1 factor for achieving success in content marketing.
Here is the list of other top factors that marketers consider essential:
47. Though the most quality leads are generated via organic traffic and referrals, acquiring them isn’t a piece of cake. That is why marketers rate “attracting quality leads with content” as the most challenging thing while doing content marketing. Here is a table showing the other top challenges:
48. 27% of marketers have a budget of less than $1000 monthly for content marketing. 20% of marketers have a budget of 3 to 5K, while only 6% have a budget of over $20,000
49. 52% of marketers say social media and community building is a top priority, as is improving content quality, followed by audience research.
50. 45% of marketers say that Videos are the top-performing content for their brands.
Here is a table showing the top-performing content for marketers globally:
Social Media Marketing Statistics
Social Media Marketing, or SMM, is a popular branch of Digital Marketing. Social media usage is growing day by day, especially short-form video consumption. In this section, we will discuss Statistics from various social media. This will help you plan your next SMM strategy
51. social media marketing is worth $160 billion and is projected to reach $223 billion by the start of 2023.
52. There are over 4.26 billion social media users globally.
53. Businesses allocate around 15% of their marketing budget toward social media marketing
54. Over 90% of brands do social media marketing.
55. Facebook advertising is the most popular ad program globally.
56. Nearly 86% of businesses on Facebook use its advertising platform.
57. TikTok is the fastest-growing social media.
58. Below is the list of Top Social media as of 2023:
Sources: DemandSage, WordStream, Meta, Bytedance, Wikipedia, TikTok, Influencer marketing hub, Bloomberg, The Verge, NY Times.
Social Media Platform-Specific Statistics
59. Over 2 billion people actively use WhatsApp every month.
60. 50% of small businesses on WhatsApp report increased customer engagement.
61. About 25 million businesses actively use WhatsApp every month.
62. Approximately 100 billion messages are sent through WhatsApp globally each day.
63. WhatsApp’s open rate is 70% higher than email’s.
64. 69% of active WhatsApp users say the messaging app is their primary communication tool.
65. Messages sent via WhatsApp have a 70% higher response rate than SMS marketing.
66. WhatsApp marketing campaigns can generate up to $11 billion in business savings.
67. LinkedIn has 875 million members
68. LinkedIn is available in 26 languages
69. Revenue increased 21% year-over-year (in constant currency) in Q1 of 2023
70. 57.2% of LinkedIn users identify as men, with 42.8% identifying as women
71. Over 77% of LinkedIn users are from outside the US
72. LinkedIn has members in 200 countries and regions worldwide
73. Almost 60% of LinkedIn’s users are between 25 and 34 years old
74. LinkedIn Marketing Solutions surpassed $5 billion in July 2022
75. Facebook, the world’s biggest social media platform, has 3.03 billion monthly active users and 2.06 billion daily active users.
76. 61.8% of all social media users access Facebook.
77. India has the most Facebook users, with over 416.6 million people using it.
78. South Asia has the most Facebook users (456.8+ million).
79. 56.8% of Facebook’s users are males, while 43.2% are females.
80. Facebook has an advertisement reach of 2.14 billion.
81. 27% of the world’s population sees Facebook ads.
82. The average age of Facebook’s ad audience is 31 years.
83. People aged 25-34 comprise most of the Facebook audience, with over 705 million users.
84. Over 98% of Facebook’s audience login to the platform via mobile phones.
Source: Meta, DemandSage, Detareportal.
85. Instagram has 2.35 billion monthly active users and over 500 million daily active users
86. Instagram’s audience comprises 50.7% males and 49.3% females.
87. 2 billion people interact with Instagram’s story feature every month.
88. Instagram is the 4th most-used social media platform, with 2 billion MAUs.
89. It is estimated that around 95 million (9.5%) bot accounts on Instagram.
90. India is home to the most Instagram users – 326.6 million.
91. An average user spends 30 minutes on Instagram.
92. Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed person on Instagram, with 604 million followers.
93. TikTok is the world’s Sixth most popular Social network, with 1.1 billion MAUs.
94. 57% of TikTok users are females, and 43% are males.
95. It is predicted that TikTok will have 1.5 billion MAUs by the start of 2023.
96. 20.83% of global internet users access TikTok
97. Over 1 billion videos are viewed on the platform every day.
98. TikTok’s ad reach can reach up to 885 million.
99. Snapchat has 383 Million Daily Active Users, per the latest figures.
100. The platform has 100 million daily active users in North America and 92 million in Europe.
101. India has the most Snapchat users (200 million).
102. The majority of Snapchat’s advertising audience is the 18 to 24 age group.
103. People exchange over 5 billion snaps on the platform each day.
104. Snapchat’s user base comprises 51.8% females and 47.4% males.
105. Users open the Snapchat app over 30 times a day.
106. Snapchat registered a revenue of 4.6 billion in 2022.
107. As of 2023, YouTube has over 2.7 billion monthly active users.
108. YouTube is the world’s biggest video-sharing platform and 2nd most prominent social media.
109. 52% of internet users globally access YouTube at least once a month.
110. Over 122 million users visit YouTube daily via its Website and Apps.
111. India has the most YouTube users – 467 million.
112. 53.9% of YouTube’s audience are males. 46.1% make up the female audience.
113. People watch 1 billion hours of videos on YouTube each day.
114. Most YouTube users are between the age of 25 to 34.
115. YouTube is the 2nd platform of choice for Influencers. Instagram is first.
Influencer Marketing Statistics
Influencer marketing is yet another crucial part of Digital Marketing. This set of influencer marketing statistics will help you understand why your business needs to start investing in influencers ASAP!
116. The influencer marketing sector is worth $14 billion.
117. Influencer marketing has an ROI of 650%, as marketers get $6.5 for every $1 invested.
118. Influencer marketing has surpassed print advertising in effectiveness
119. Nearly 56% of marketers from the United States and the United Kingdom use Instagram to collaborate with influencers
120. Micro-influencers are more popular than mega-influencers among marketers.
121. By 2028, the Influencer marketing industry will be worth $85 billion.
Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing
AI had been around for a long time, but the adoption rates drastically increased after the launch of ChatGPT. Not only for content creation, marketers use AI for various purposes such as image generation, Podcast script writing, and even video editing.
Marketers are also adapting to this shift and investing in AI marketing tools.
Take a look at these exciting stats about AI usage in marketing:
122. 76% of marketers in an insider intelligence survey said they use AI for basic content creation and to write copy.
123. Gartner forecasts that 30% of outgoing marketing messages from big businesses will be generated by AI by 2025.
124. According to Mailchimp, 50% of marketers believe inadequate adoption of AI is holding them back from achieving their goals.
124. 19.2% of marketers spend over 40% of their marketing budget on AI-driven campaigns.
125. 91% of Fortune 1000 companies are increasing their investment in artificial intelligence.
126. A Statista survey shows that the adoption of generative AI is highest in the marketing and advertising sector (37%). Technology (35%) and consulting (30%) are the other two sectors showing increased use of AI.
127. 60% of marketers implement AI to predict customer behaviour and needs.
128. 26% of businesses are applying AI techniques such as NLP to marketing and sales
Future of Digital Marketing (2023 & Beyond)
129. It is predicted that 69% of the overall advertisement spending will be generated via smartphones. Be sure to optimize your social media campaigns for smartphones!
130. One Statistic also reveals that 90% of mobile users need to be made aware of what they want to purchase. So they look for it online; make sure you optimize your digital marketing campaigns for the ever-increasing mobile users.
131. As per the marketing insider group, over 50% of digital marketers will increase their content marketing budget in 2023.
132. Augmented Reality is the new big thing in the marketing sector. Market Research Future (MRFR) predicts that the worldwide expanded reality market will reach $461.25 billion by 2030. These predictions were based on the CAGR of the sector, which is 41.50%.
133. 61% of shoppers prefer shopping from businesses with augmented reality offerings.
134. Voice search is another thing to look at; Google found that over 50% of baby boomers use voice assistants to get information on the go.
135. Digital marketing trends for 2023: