- Job Title
- Digital Marketing Officer
- Hours of Work
- Full Time (35 hours)
- £20,000–£22,000 PA
- Working Base
- STA Head Office, Walsall, West Midlands
- Responsible To
- Head of Marketing
The Swimming Teachers’ Association is an international award-winning charity working towards the objective of preserving human life by the teaching of swimming, lifesaving and survival techniques. This objective underpins all that we do at STA, and since 1932 has driven our commitment to providing the highest quality qualifications and charitable services within leisure. As a national governing body for swimming and lifesaving with over 12,000 members, we continue to develop qualifications in swimming teaching, lifesaving and leisure management to support the needs of the industry.
STA is looking to appoint a Digital Marketing Officer to join its marketing team. As part of this exciting opportunity, you will be responsible for growing STA’s digital marketing efforts through a broad variety of activities and supporting the implementation of STA’s wider marketing strategy.
- Implementing best practice on-site and off-site SEO strategies
- Launching and optimising social media ads and SEM, including Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads and Google Ads
- Supporting the management of social media pages including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Preparing and running email marketing campaigns and tracking their performance, preferably through Mailchimp
- Conducting market research through online surveys of customers and the public
- Managing websites, ensuring they are regularly updated and accurate whilst assessing performance and making recommendations for improvement
- Working with a website content management system, preferably WordPress
- Working with a website tag management system, preferably Google Tag Manager
- Measuring performance of digital marketing efforts using data analysis tools, including Google Analytics
- Continually review/seek out digital opportunities and trends.
Experience and Qualities Required
Candidates must hold either a degree in a marketing-related field, a professional marketing qualification, or have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a marketing/digital marketing role, preferably working within both a B2B and B2C capacity.
This position is ideal for somebody with a creative and data-driven mindset who is already working in a Marketing Assistant role and is looking to take the next step in their career.
Candidates should also possess strong written English skills with a keen eye for detail—being able to communicate and work effectively with a team of enthusiastic marketers. They should also be capable of working on their own initiative and taking ownership of digital marketing activities, having an organised, passionate and reliable approach to work. A keen awareness of maintaining a brand’s identity in the digital space is also essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a CV and covering letter, detailing your experience and what you can bring to the role, to [email protected] For further information regarding the post, please contact us at [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 17:00 1st August 2019.
Interviews will be held on the 6th August 2019.