Digital Marketing Statistics
You may be wondering, “How crucial is a Digital Marketing Strategy in today’s scenario?” We’ve compiled a list of the top 15 digital marketing statistics to help you clear up any confusion and keep track of the industry’s progress!
Google Organic Search
A rising trend can be seen in the graph of the Google search engine as more and more searches are being performed every day.
Google typically handles over 40,000 search queries every second, according to, which amounts to over 3.5 billion searches each day!
Organic Search Stats
To rank in the Search Engine Results Page (SERPs), it’s crucial to conduct effective keyword research and develop an effective SEO strategy.
To bolster the same, check the following statistics:
Digital Marketing Growth Rate
The following are the key figures for the overall growth rate of digital marketing:
Digital Marketing Job Openings
Here are a few predictions regarding the growing role that the digital marketing industry will play in offering people well-paying jobs:
Content Marketing Stats
Almost all marketers nowadays are turning to content marketing as a means of boosting their overall brand awareness and image!
According to surveys, 82% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing, 10% admit not using it, and 8% are unsure if their company uses content marketing!
B2B Content Marketing Stats
B2B marketer holds the following opinion on content creation and content marketing:
- Just 7% of B2B marketers don’t intend to create a content marketing strategy, according to one study.
- In 2021 and 2022, the best-performing B2B content assets were video content, short articles (less than 3000 words), and virtual events/webinars/online courses.
- 96% of content marketers for business-to-business use LinkedIn.
B2C Content Marketing Stats
Not only in the B2B sector but also in the B2C sector, marketers use content marketing as a key component of their online marketing business plans!
- A staggering 95% of B2C marketers have a fully designed content marketing plan, and only 5% of them do not intend to develop a content marketing strategy!
- When it comes to nonpaid social media platforms report that:
- 63% of B2C marketers who use Facebook produce the best overall content marketing results
- 53% of them put their bet on LinkedIn
- And around 39% claim Instagram to produce the best results!
Mobile Marketing Industry Stats
More than 5.22 billion people worldwide own a mobile phone now, making up 66.6% of the global population.
That said, the fact that mobile advertising spending will top $339 billion by 2023 and that the U.S. is anticipated to spend over $240 billion on mobile advertising by that year highlights how crucial mobile marketing is to overall business strategy.
Influencer Marketing Industry Growth
The influencer marketing sector has been expanding significantly over the past 7 years, showing just how successful this entire approach is!
The market increased from $1.7 billion in 2016 to $9.7 billion in 2020. In the following year, it reached a whopping $13.8 billion, demonstrating consistent growth. Currently, this market is expected to grow to a massive $16.4 billion sector by the end of 2022.
Influencer Marketing Adoption Rate
Influencer marketing is one of the most widely used approaches among today’s marketers and their marketing teams for spreading the word about their products/services.
It is increasingly seen as a crucial digital advertising tactic, with 93% of marketers reporting using it in campaigns.
Google Ads Supremacy
Google is the industry leader when it comes to running advertisements. It’s not just us asserting some arbitrary data; states that 63% of users have clicked on a Google ad, proving the effectiveness of the platform!
Email Marketing Revenue
Email marketing has been around for more than 50 years, and its success is still undeniable today.
estimates that the global email marketing market will be worth a remarkable $7.5 billion in 2020 and will increase to 17.9 billion by 2027.
Email Marketing ROI
The return on investment (ROI) that email marketing offers is a crucial sign of how helpful it is for your company.
Recent estimates state that you can expect an average return of $42 for every dollar spent on email marketing, highlighting the effectiveness of a robust email marketing plan.
Fastest Growing Social Media Network
Currently, there are a lot of social media platforms available, but which one should marketers focus on? Where should you concentrate your efforts in social media marketing?
Here is a quick rundown of the social media user growth trends:
Social Media Marketing Ads
Here are some top social media marketing statistics:
- Annual social media advertising spending will exceed $134 billion in 2022, a growth of more than 17% year on year.
- Social media video marketing ad spending on social media will increase by 20.1% to $24.35 billion by the end of 2022.
- Social media recently surpassed paid search as an advertising medium, growing 25% year on year and surpassing $137 billion!
- Retargeting ads are the most popular among marketers, with 77% of B2B and B2C marketers using them as part of their Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns.