If you are going for a digital marketing interview then this article will help you. We have created a complete list of 20 digital marketing interview questions with answers. In digital marketing, results speak more than words. If you have a sample of your past work then don’t forget to carry that with you. If you fail in giving answers to 1 or 2 questions but have good past work experience then also you will be selected.
Digital Marketing Interview Questions & Answers
Here are 20 digital marketing questions. Whether you are going for an executive-level interview or an experienced level, these questions will help you. Let’s begin.
1) What Do You Understand by Digital Marketing?
This is the most asked digital marketing question. Be ready, you will also be asked this question. Give the following answer in the interview.
In simple terms, digital marketing is promoting products or services using social media, Google ads, emails, and other forms of digital channels. The people who do this are known as digital marketers.
Digital marketing is much more cost-effective and ROI-focused than traditional marketing. It includes both organic as well as paid marketing. Every ad we see on the internet is an example of digital marketing.
2) How Digital Marketing is Better than Traditional Marketing?
- It is ROI-focused. You can track the performance of each ad and also know how much money you got back for your investment.
- It is affordable. In digital marketing, you can start running ad campaigns even from ₹500 and see the results.
- Our audience is online. Today, every person is spending hours on a smartphone. We can target this audience and sell our product to them.
- It is easy to start. You just need to register as an advertiser on the platform and you can start running ads.
- It is not ROI focused and you can’t track your ads.
- Traditional marketing ads are highly expensive. A simple advertisement on television can cost lakh of rupees.
- There is a very small audience watching T.V. and listening to radio shows. Yes, there is still a large number of people who read newspapers but mobile users are more than them.
- You can’t run an ad on your own. You need to contact some ad agencies and they will fly an ad for you on television. This is still difficult to run ads as compared to digital marketing.
3) Explain the Types of Digital Marketing?
The types of digital marketing include – SEO, PPC, email marketing, copywriting, Affiliate marketing, content marketing, influencer marketing, video marketing, and virtual reality marketing. The main two types of digital marketing are social media marketing and search engine marketing.
4) How to Build a Digital Marketing Strategy for a Business?
This is an important digital marketing interview question. Don’t give an instant answer to this question. First, think and then speak the following answer.
There are two steps involved in creating a digital marketing strategy for a business,
- The first step is to understand the business goals. You need to have a meeting with the client and ask him about their marketing objectives.
- The second step is the planning phase where we plan how can we meet the business goals.
5) What is the Role of SEO in Digital Marketing?
SEO plays an important part in digital marketing. Paid ads cost a lot so every business wants to increase its profits that’s why they invest in SEO. The sad part about SEO is, it takes time to deliver results but the results are always terrific. That’s why SEO plays an important role in any digital marketing strategy.
6) What is Performance Marketing?
Performance marketing is a type of marketing where advertisers only pay when certain criteria are met. For example, a sale is made or a lead is generated. Nowadays, there are many performance marketing agencies in India. They are result-driven agencies. Performance marketing is all result-based marketing.
7) What are PPC Ads?
PPC stands for Pay per click ads. These are types of ads where advertisers pay when someone clicks on the ad. Google search ads and Facebook ads are common examples of PPC ads.
8) Tell the Names of Some Popular Digital Marketing Tools.
You might be asked this digital marketing question. Every interviewer always asks questions related to digital marketing tools. Give the answer below.
SEMrush, Ahrefs, KeywordTool.io, and Google Keyword Planner are some popular digital marketing tools.
9) What is Remarketing?
Remarketing is showing your ads to those people who have interacted with you before. There are three types of audiences – hot, cold and warm. The remarketing audience come under a warm audience because they have seen our ad before.
10) What is the Difference Between SEO & SEM?
This is one of the most confusing digital marketing interview questions. Your interviewer will try to confuse you but you give the correct answer as given below.
SEO – It stands for Search engine optimization. It is a process in which we follow best SEO practices to increase the traffic of a website on the desired keyword.
SEM – It stands for search engine marketing. It is a process that increases the visibility of a website through paid ads.
11) What is the Work of a Digital Marketer?
The work of a digital marketer is to create digital marketing strategies for a company. A senior-level digital marketer is responsible for managing paid as well as organic ad campaigns. It is a very stressful job that needs a lot of creativity.
12) Why Did You Chosen Digital Marketing as a Career?
This is a common digital marketing interview question. Generally, all employers ask this from the candidate. You must give a practical answer because the interviewer might cross-question you. You can give the answer as mentioned below.
I am a creative person who is always ready for new challenges. I love to try & test new things. So I believe digital marketing is the right career for me and I can do great in this industry.
13) What If Your Created Digital Marketing Strategy Fails?
Generally, the interviewer asks this to take the mental test of the candidate. The answer to these digital marketing interview questions is given below.
Sir/ma’am, I believe failure is part of the process. I don’t afraid to fail. I always strive hard to create the best digital marketing strategy but due to any reason if the strategy fails then we will try to figure out the reason behind its failure. This will help in our next marketing strategy.
14) Explain the Difference Between Pull and Push Marketing Approaches?
Pull Marketing: It is a type of marketing where you don’t go to customers. The customer comes to you. Examples – Content marketing, and word of mouth.
Push Marketing: It is a type of marketing where the brand tries to push the ads to the customer. Examples – Google ads, and YouTube ads.
15) How Do You Divide the Marketing Budget for a Client?
This digital marketing interview question is for a senior-level executive. You might be asked how to do divide the marketing budget. You may have your own strategy for this but read the answer below to get an idea.
First, we decide on the marketing objective of the client. After deciding the goal, it becomes easier to divide the money into a different mediums. So for example, if the client wants leads then we can divide their budget on Google and Facebook ads. So it becomes easier to divide the marketing budget when we know the goal of the client.
16) Do You Know the Meaning of ROI?
ROI means the return on investment. For example, if you have spent ₹100 on ads and you got a return of ₹120 then the total ROI of your ad is 20%.
17) What is Lead Generation and Do You have any Prior Experience in It?
Lead generation is identifying and attracting future buyers of your products. Generally, people use lead magnets like free ebooks to attract the audience.
In the second part of the question, you will share your prior work experience.
18) Which is the Best Platform to Target Professionals and Working People?
Linkedin is the best platform to target professionals. The ROAS is also higher on LinkedIn as compared to other platforms so it is the best one.
19) What are the 4Ps of Marketing?
Here are the 4Ps of Marketing.
20) What is the Difference Between Inbound & Outbound Marketing?
Outbound marketing is a push marketing approach where advertisers try to reach their potential customers. Example – Display advertising, Youtube video ads, etc.
Inbound Marketing is a pull marketing approach where brands create content that naturally attracts potential buyers. Example – Content marketing.
So these were some digital marketing interview questions. We have shared the most common questions which are generally asked in interviews. Study these questions well and crack the interview. All the best.
The post Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions & Answers (2022) appeared first on Best Digital Marketing Institute in Jaipur, Advance Courses.