Since 1931, Easter
Seals Nova Scotia’s primary focus has been to deliver high quality services and
programs to children, youth, and adults with disabilities. We are a primary
destination for Nova Scotians with disabilities seeking information, support, equipment
and opportunities. It’s our goal to create a culture of program excellence that
supports our ability to meet their needs. Easter Seals NS advocates for a
barrier-free Nova Scotia by promoting inclusion, independence, & mobility
for Nova Scotians with disabilities.
The organization requires a Digital
Marketing & Communications Assistant to tell our story by creating a
digital and print communications strategy focused on our four unique program
areas to multiple audiences.
Reporting to the Director of Development and working collaboratively
with the Executive Management Team, we are seeking a candidate who has
experience in writing, editing, developing creative digital and print
communications along with a strong knowledge of social media trends, platforms,
analytics and current/emerging technology. This is an entry-level position into
Working with the entire team at Easter Seals Nova Scotia, the successful
candidate will be responsible for telling our stories through digital and print
content including all social media platforms, website, print and digital
newsletters, and creating branded organizational marketing materials.
- Managing digital marketing & branding of Easter Seals Nova Scotia
and its programs
- Planning and delivery of a strategic social media plan for Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Maintaining content for our YouTube Channel and Google My Business listings
- Using WordPress and Squarespace to update and maintain website content
- Regular Google Analytics tracking, evaluation and reporting
- Graphic Design of online content, marketing materials, including
brochures, flyers, informational booklets, direct mail, etc.
- Researching, writing and designing e-mail communications using MailChimp
- Assisting with logistics of Direct Mail Campaigns
- Designing, writing and delivery of quarterly digital newsletter
- Digital photography and videography for events and other marketing/advertising
- Submitting monthly content to Halifax Chamber of Commerce’s Business
Voice: Members in the News
- Must currently reside in Nova Scotia.
- University degree or diploma in public relations, communications or
marketing or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills including problem solving, analytical and
organizations skills, creativity and innovation.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe
Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Demonstrated experience in Google Analytics reporting, MailChimp and
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task.
- Positive and resilient attitude with a desire to learn while displaying
creativity and innovation in “thinking outside of the box”.
- The role will require someone who has strong organizational,
communication and interpersonal skills and is effective in their work, flexible
to changing demands and works collaboratively.
Position is full time based on 37.5 hour work week and based in the
Burnside Industrial Park in Dartmouth Nova Scotia.
Salary is $38,000 per year. Position includes 3 weeks vacation and benefits package.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Closing date is Tuesday, June 8th. No phone calls please.