“Eastern Europe B2C E-Commerce Market 2018” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering. Continued development predicted for online retail sales in Eastern Europe Eastern Europe B2C E-Commerce Market 2018, indicates that online retail penetration figures, which currently are below the average of other European countries, have a substantial development potential as Internet connectivity and online consumer numbers increase.
M-Commerce and social media purchases spur online sales growth
The present online share of total retail sales in Eastern Europe is less than 5%. Market trends such as M-Commerce, and purchasing through social media are expected to rapidly raise online sales figures. The report points to Turkey as an example of these trends in the area as over half of online buyers there make purchases through mobile phones, and a similar share buy products or services through the similarity Instagram and Facebook.
Cross-border shopping likewise drives E-Commerce
Another pattern propelling the growth of B2C E-Commerce in Eastern Europe is cross-border shopping. A large part the recent boost in online purchases in Russia, the region’s online sales leader, is credited to buyers relying on merchants outside the country, particularly China. China’s AliExpress is also growing in appeal in the Czech Republic, Poland and Ukraine, though consumers in those countries continue to patronize regional online merchants more than AliExpress, as detailed in the report.
Questions Answered in this Report
- What was Eastern Europe’s share of global B2C E-Commerce sales in 2017?
- How much online retail sales are created by countries of the Eastern European region?
- Exactly what are the main trends influencing the advancement of online retail in Russia, Poland and Turkey?
- Exactly what do online consumers in Eastern Europe purchase and how do they choose to pay?
- Who are the main online retail market gamers in Eastern Europe?Key Topics Covered: 1.
Management Summary 2
. Regional Introduction 3. Russia 4. Poland 5. Turkey
6. Czech Republic 7. Ukraine
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Allegro Group Sp. z oo Alza.cz a.s. Amazon.com Inc American Express International